Thursday, 2 February 2012

Chocolate and Bananas...Yum

We went to the mall to do some window shopping this past weekend.  It was a rainy day and dreary outside, so the mall was a fun pick-me-up.  After many stores, we all agreed we could use some food, so we decided it was home time.  Food would be cheaper (and better for us) there.  "Mommy, I just saw a girl with a Booster Juice!  Can I please have one?!", my daughter asked.  Having no idea where the Booster Juice was, I said we'd get one another day.  We drove home and I decided, "I'll make my own Booster Juice".  My daughter's drink of choice is called the Funky Monkey.  Bananas, Vanilla Soy Frozen Yogurt and Chocolate of some sort, makes up this yummy treat.  I went online to find some ideas of how to make my own and instead stumbled upon the nutritional information...and it is LOADED with sugar!  Making a homemade "Funky Monkey" was going to be a good choice but without finding a good recipe online, I decided to came up with my own recipe.  So here it is:

2 ripe bananas
1 cup ice
1 cup almond milk
2 heaping T plain Greek yogurt
2 heaping T cocoa

Place all ingredients in blender and blend till smooth.  Pour and drink!  Absolutely delicious.  My daughter has renamed it the "Healthy Funky Monkey".  The 3 of us loved it and I was really quite impressed with myself.  I'm still grinning.

 All ingredients (but cocoa) ready to be blended
 Yum


1 comment: