Tuesday, 20 December 2011

Christmas Morning Breakfast

Well, after a lot of researching recipe after recipe online...I have finally come up with Christmas Morning Breakfast.  Gone are the 5 layer cheesy ham dishes and sticky cinnamon buns.  My goal was to make Christmas Morning Breakfast DELICIOUS, while leaving my family feeling energized and comfortably full instead of sluggish and uncomfortably full. 

So, on Sunday morning's menu:

Homemade Fruit Salad:  A mix of kiwi, strawberries, pineapple and grapes...and maybe some watermelon

Hard Boiled Eggs:  Simple as that...except I will be saving a few to make Deviled Eggs (my husband's request)

Homemade Whole Wheat Biscuits:  I shared this recipe in a previous post.  I will made some with cheese and fresh garlic, and some with dried cranberries

Homemade Pumpkin Apple Streusel Muffins:  A recipe I found on one of my favourite food websites, "AllRecipes.com".  This is my "answer" to my cinnamon bun dilemma.  Instead of buttery, greasy, heavy and sticky-sweet cinnamon buns (albeit VERY yummy), I will make these muffins, loaded with fresh grated apples, pumpkin and little sugar.  I will add a little sweetness to it however by drizzling a simple vanilla glaze on top - a little gooey goodness is always acceptable.

Homemade Banana Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake:  I made this today and froze it...ready to take out the night before Christmas.  I substitute applesauce for butter and cut the sugar by more than half.  The applesauce already adds some sweetness, so less sugar is needed.  It's packed with four bananas...and some semi-sweet chocolate chips. 

I will do the majority of my baking Christmas Eve so I can just sit, relax and enjoy Christmas morning with my family.  I searched through SO many recipes and feel really good about my choices.  Christmas Morning Breakfast will be delicious and nutritious.  Merry Christmas to all, and Cheers to good health!

1 comment:

  1. I feel really good about your choices as well and I will enjoy every single bite of it. Thanks for keeping our family healthy!

    ReplyDelete